Activities and Spiritual Life
When mother arrived at Seven acres she was a rehab patient that was scheduled to go back to her home in a few months. When it was time for her to leave, she wanted to stay at Seven Acres and when it was suggested that she move to another unit, she refused because she loved the unit she was in. Naturally your personnel in that unit had a great deal to do with her happiness (and ours).
Activities are designed to meet interests and to provide stimulation based upon the residents' individual needs. Socialization is an important focus for all of our residents at Seven Acres. Many tell us that they have never been so busy.
Activities Programs & Special Interest Groups
- Art classes
- Crafts activities
- Cooking classes
- Beading classes
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Club
- "Men's Club"
- Yiddish Club
- A variety of musical programming
- Pet Therapy
- Hobby groups
- Group exercises
- Mah Jongg
There's always something new and different!
In recognition of Seven Acres' Jewish Heritage, we offer:
- Morning Traditional minyan, seven days a week, facilitated by a group of dedicated volunteers.
- Reform evening services are offered every other Friday night as well as annual High Holiday services in the Traditional and Reform tradition.
- A traditional Passover Seder service and meal takes place every spring with family and guests always invited.
- All Jewish Festivals are observed including Hanukah, Purim, Passover, Shavuot, High Holidays, Sukkot, and Simchat Torah.
- A full-time chaplain is on staff during the week to meet residents' and families' needs.