Activities and Spiritual Life
I know my mother received compassionate and loving care during her stay. We want to thank the entire staff for all of their support.
Activities are designed to meet interests and to provide stimulation based upon the residents' individual needs. Socialization is an important focus for all of our residents at Seven Acres. Many tell us that they have never been so busy.
Activities Programs & Special Interest Groups
- Art classes
- Crafts activities
- Cooking classes
- Beading classes
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Club
- "Men's Club"
- Yiddish Club
- A variety of musical programming
- Pet Therapy
- Hobby groups
- Group exercises
- Mah Jongg
There's always something new and different!
In recognition of Seven Acres' Jewish Heritage, we offer:
- Morning Traditional minyan, seven days a week, facilitated by a group of dedicated volunteers.
- Reform evening services are offered every other Friday night as well as annual High Holiday services in the Traditional and Reform tradition.
- A traditional Passover Seder service and meal takes place every spring with family and guests always invited.
- All Jewish Festivals are observed including Hanukah, Purim, Passover, Shavuot, High Holidays, Sukkot, and Simchat Torah.
- A full-time chaplain is on staff during the week to meet residents' and families' needs.